Recent content by Carol Omans

  1. Carol Omans

    New Program Day 6: The Fear Matrix

    I had a difficult day with intermittent stabbing pain in my left temple. Boy I was scared whenever it happened? What is this? A stroke? I was full about of fear. Tried to call my internist but he was gone for the day, thought about calling a doctor friend but didn't want to bother him...
  2. Carol Omans

    New Program Day 20: Embracing Joy

    Hi Alan! This forum is fantastic and incredibly helpful. Thank you thank you a million times. I tried the breathing/smiling technique and wow! I felt the joy in my entire body. It was a tingling sensation, so positive and joy is something I haven't felt like that in a long long time. Bless...
  3. Carol Omans

    New Program Day 13: Overcoming Uncertainty

    Hi Sprocket, if you can find a TMS doc in your area, go! I have the same diagnosis and have been working the program diligently for about 6 months and there has been a significant improvement. 2 years ago I was in so much hip pain that I had to use a walker at times. I'm 70 years old. The...
  4. Carol Omans

    New Program Day 16: Emotional Repression

    Thank you Alan. I am currently working with a therapist who is a practioner of Byron Katie's THE WORK. I'm hoping and have faith that this will help. Thank you for having this forum. It's fantastic!
  5. Carol Omans

    New Program Day 16: Emotional Repression

    Whenever there was a traumatic event in my life, I sort of went into a state of shock, completely denying the feelings. I find that I still do this. I'm like a deer in the headlights and it can take days to uncover the feelings if I ever do uncover them. Any suggestions? I know this is a...
  6. Carol Omans

    New Program Day 13: Overcoming Uncertainty

    Kat, don't give up! I'm seventy and was in so much pain two years ago that I was using a walker. This program works. I'm now swimming and walking and 85% pain free. It's a big commitment. Try to see a TMS doctor, read every book you can. Meditate! Breathe in peace and breathe out tension...
  7. Carol Omans

    New Program Day 13: Overcoming Uncertainty

    Thank you! I drive myself crazy over making decisions and this really helps. Another that I will read over and over. Thank you so much!
  8. Carol Omans

    What I remembered today

    Thank you.
  9. Carol Omans

    What I remembered today

    What we resist persists. We've all heard that one. The way I've been trying to work it is this: If I have a negative emotion, let's say guilt because I meditated on guilt this morning, instead of hating it or trying to push it away or resist it... I pictured it as a black cloud over me, then...
  10. Carol Omans

    WWhat I learned today

    let go of the outcome. Just keep on working the program and let go of the pain factor. One day it will hurt the next day it won't. That's just telling us it's TMS. Also what we concentrate on expands. What we ignore, lessens or shrinks. Ignore the pain as much as possible. It wants our...
  11. Carol Omans

    favorite success story

    He's terrific. Also Walter, the chance for the dog came up again. It stressed me out so much. I spent three days trying to walk so I could walk with a dog. I was in so much pain and so disheartened. I finally realized what you so kindly expressed. I have to let it go. The stress was...
Back
Top