Recent content by ARP

  1. A

    Anal Fissures, Terrible Pain + The TMS Connection

    In my experience (after years of struggling with this) fissures are definitely rooted in TMS but can also be "managed" with other physiological treatments. Prostatitis is 100% TMS, and so is most constipation (often the cause of fissure flares). I work my daily TMS (Curable App, Alan Gordon's...
  2. A

    PPDA Textbook & Venous Insufficiency - Structural AND TMS?

    Hi again, As said, I do appreciate you getting back to me. However, your response still doesn’t answer the question – can people not have TMS as well as a structural issue that should be addressed? Your response suggests that everything in the material or structural realm is still TMS, and I do...
  3. A

    PPDA Textbook & Venous Insufficiency - Structural AND TMS?

    Hi there, I appreciate your comment, but I am asking about venous insufficiency specifically and the literal mechanism of blood re fluxing from stretched veins, and if anyone knows if the Meghan is apart of this community.
  4. A

    PPDA Textbook & Venous Insufficiency - Structural AND TMS?

    Hi all, I am wondering if anyone knows who (pseudonym) Meghan Maguire is in Chapter 2 (A Patient’s Perspective) of the “Psychophysiologic Disorders: Trauma-Informed, Interprofessional Diagnosis and Treatment” textbook by Dr. Clarke, Dr. Schubiner, Dr. Clark-Smith & Dr. Abass. In this Chapter...
  5. A

    Any hope for provoked pain? Pelvic pain/vulvodynia

    Yes, you can overcome it. This is what I have been struggling with for two years (provoked vestibulodynia and vulvodynia). I had done all the mind body work, I had healed almost all over my other ailments (IBS, migraines, back pain) but this was really difficult for me to shake. No amount of TMS...
  6. A

    Seeking MBS/TMS Psychotherapist for Remote Sessions

    Hi everyone, I have tried searching the site but I do not see a database for this specific question. I am desperately seeking a psychotherapist specializing in MBS/TMS/PPD but it is proving very difficult to find in the location where I live (Saskatchewan, Canada). I understand this database...
  7. A

    Day 1 My Story

    Hi Ron, You say, "Pain is a motivator," and you couldn't be more correct. I have a feeling you are going to do so well with TMS treatment based on this attitude and approach alone. You are accepting and embracing that pain is a signal in your body - a message to turn inward and possibly...
  8. A

    Four years of crying now

    What kind of journaling are you doing? Journaling without a specific intention of unpacking emotions is not always a therapeutic route as much as it can be a pity party for ourselves. I would really recommend trying to find a somatic experiencing therapist in your city if you can. Nicole Sachs...
  9. A

    Four years of crying now

    See what you did here? Awareness - you started worrying based on someone else's experience which made you anxious and fearful, which increases and perpetuates your pain. I encourage you to listen to the podcast I posted - I think, absed on what you are saying - you are struggling with the idea...
  10. A

    Day 10 - Anxiety & Doubting TMS

    Life is so damn funny – I was just reading through the Day 10 structured activities, and Alan Gordon kept going on about CHRONIC pain. I have been having TMS doubts as I wouldn’t say my pain is “chronic” – I have almost always had a pain in some form (growing pains, GI issues, migraines, body...
  11. A

    Four years of crying now

    The first step is recognizing what your fear trigger is - the couch. The second step is just taking a deep damn breath, being brave, and riding it out by challenging that fear - being a tired mom who sits on her damn sofa!!! I know it is hard, but I feel like it is the anticipation of the act...
  12. A

    Please help me my sciatica story feels so different then every one else’s

    There is absolutely no guarantee that your sicatica "nerve" pain was coming from your disc. Discetomy's work - temporarily - for so many because of the placebo effect. On an MRI in 2018 after a "back injury", I have severe scoliosis, three herniated discs and degenerative disc disease. I...
Back
Top