1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Forum for the Structured Educational Program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JanAtheCPA, Sep 1, 2012.

1. deborah a burns

deborah a burns Peer Supporter

It has nothing to do with him being a nice guy.... I'm confused as to why people using message boards or a support website is not going to help you and keeps one from dealing with themselves.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

i can help-all ya gotta do is ask and tell me what your missing-
    im not here to try and get anything but a thanks and thats not even needed

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Deborah: I'm like you - black & white doesn't do it for me, because I know that life and the human experience are many many many shades of gray. I do think that Monty Hueftle is definitely "for real" but individuals who are really exploring deep emotional issues and getting into the power of the human brain to transform our bodies and our health might be a bit beyond his teachings.

Monty's dismissal of help sites is probably targeted at sites that basically promote the condition. Most fibro "support" sites, for example, are focused on getting recognition from the medical profession and promoting new medications. I found a reference to The Divided Mind (#4 by Dr. Sarno) on a migraine "support" site, and the poster was severely abused for daring to suggest that migraines might have an emotional basis.

My latest favorite author is Dr. Gabor Mate. His book, "When The Body Says No" is a moving affirmation of the power of our brains - to create health, or to create disease. He talks, for example, about the power of the placebo effect as something we should be harnessing, not dismissing.

I think that massage and acupuncture/pressure are ways of harnessing our brains' abilities to project health and healing, as long as they are focused on mental and emotional health and progress, not on specific physical issues.

Jan

veronica73 likes this.
  4. deborah a burns

Thaks Jan, I also love Gabor Mate' I love his books I just finished his latest book. Thanks again Deb

5. deborah a burns

Thanks Eric I really appreciate your input

6. Aziz

Aziz Peer Supporter

I'm new here and very grateful for all the people who have created this site and are involved in this program. I am excited to see what shifts for me!

Forest and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Aziz, we are excited for you
    I hope your doing well now
    Keep us updated on everything
    Bless you.

8. Stormshadow

Stormshadow Peer Supporter

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and posted on the Support forum already. I went to look at the Structured Education Program and saw it referencing that it was under construction. Do you think it is worth starting this program or waiting for the revised program? I'm not sure when that is expected to launch? Looking forward to being part of the community.

9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Your fine Storm shadow. We are always up-dating the SEP to make it better and better. Go ahead and start when your ready.
    Nice to see you here, welcome aboard. Let me know if you need any help getting around ok

10. Catherine

Catherine Newcomer

Hello, I am new to the forum and not sure where to post this as it recommends to do on several days of the program. I feel as if I have realised more suppressed issues in the last few days (I am on Day 10) and have also been in more pain during this time. I understand the importance of believing whole heartedly in the diagnosis and how clever the mind is at igniting the fear of the pain (ie. did I overdue it at the gym, I shouldn't have carried such heavy bags...). I am also tuning into the evil inner judge that questions and double questions every decision made or the way I complete a task. Unfortunately, I am unable to get a break from some of the major triggers for my anxiety. I wanted to ask the forum what to do in this case. What can be done when you have to face your current pain triggers daily/numerous times a day? Also, any recos for methods to self soothe that are not food, wine or shopping :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  11. Acimjulian

Acimjulian New Member

Hi Jan, I am writing this because I am having trouble figuring out how to post messages as well as my profile. My initial attempt was to post Day 4 progress. That did not work. First I tried to open a new thread. I received a pop up message saying I was not authorized to start a new thread, so I'm confused on this. Then I decided to copy and paste this message into "My Story" and complete the set up. As you can see I was able to save an avatar and my birthday. I completed everything requested except the Homepage??? So I did a search on how to create a Homepage and had no luck. I'm a little frustrated but hey, I forgot about physical pain so I guess my attempts were not done in vain. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it!

12. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, @Acimjulian, I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties. I checked your status and you are listed as a valid registered member, so everything should be fine. I also checked your permissions and the proper ones are indeed set. My best hunch is that new features in our software are blocking the changes because they mistake it for spammy content. Is it possible that you mention any medications in the post or include any links? Those are the types of things that might set the system off.

Would it be possible to try again and to paste a screenshot in here or just copy and paste the text you see? That would be very helpful for me in figuring out what is going on. Here are instructions for how to take the screenshot:
    http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
    With our site, you can paste a picture in your clipboard directly in when you reply. You can also use the "Upload a File" button. However, if those don't work, you can always just paste the text in.

Feel free to post the text in here, and I can also make a new thread for you.

Finally, if you get frustrated, you can feel free to call me at our contact number:
    https://www.facebook.com/ppdtms/info?tab=page_info
    I can probably walk you through the entire process in about 10 minutes.

13. UFGatormom

UFGatormom New Member

A little confused..Went to this subforum to start SEP but cannot find the actual program; just what it is about.Help :)

14. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

15. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

Where do I start in the SEP.

I'm assuming I go to day 1?

16. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes WendyS. If you scroll down to the big matrix with all the days and open that Day 1, it will take you to that day, and then you're off and running.

17. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

Thanks Andy!

18. vanessa

vanessa Peer Supporter

Day 4/ St. Ed. Program.
    What I was told by doctors. I had degenerative disk disorder, a little scoliosis that is worsening, when I fell at 10, my back is probably always going to be weak. Don't excerise, no hi heels, no heels period. Ice and see me 3 times a week for adjustments and we'll get you out of pain. Or get the treumell shot, (which maybe had placebo) effect and I always felt relief with trigger point therapy. Another Chiro said, get spinal decomprssion or "YOU'll never be able to walk again" - to say Im not angry is putting it mildly! How to stand, sit, walk, keep back straight, stomach tight, "my only hope" - So, I am aware of my triggers. I cancelled appointment with chiro. Felt so guilty. When people ask me how my back is, I say, great - getting the help I need. If they offer suggestions for massage, accuptunturist, the list goes on, I take my power back, and say thank you, but I know what is wrong and I'm getting better. But as soon as I feel guilty for not following main stream, I clamp up. And do the self talk, "listen to your body, look how much better you feel being in your emotions, no blame, no shame, no beating yourself up for not knowing and not being perfect. Sometimes I hug myself and keep saying, "you have a brilliant little body, it got tired of you being so mean to it, so it shut down, so you could stop being so mean, and be kind. And listen to your body and not to anyone else. And it would subside again. I don't feel afraid of the pain, I don't like it, I'm human, but I know it talking to me. I feel very self involved with this program, and try and put time aside, and then get on with other things, but I feel if I don't listen I will tighten up. Thank you everyone for so much support just reading what you wrote. Vanessa

lindyr likes this.
  19. alicemae1

alicemae1 New Member

20. alicemae1

alicemae1 New Member

Prefix..where is it?