1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

You couldn't make this stuff up...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Huckleberry, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Well known member

So, over the last few days I finally got my arse into gear and started to journal and negative write...not a huge amount just 10 minutes or so a couple of times a day, sat at the table with a sheet of A4 and a biro noting down my thoughts and fears.

I woke this morning and totally randomly and inexplicably my thumb is incredibly painful and stiff with what feels like RSI pain going into the wrist area. Now there is absolutely nothing I could have done that would have caused this from a physical perspective...my thumb was totally fine yesterday and when I went to bed last night but when I woke this morning BAM. Its my right thumb and I'm right handed but I bet you had guessed that hey.

Laughalot likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Huck. I think you journaled about something that registered in your subconscious and it sent a new pain to your wrist to tell you that you discovered a repressed emotion and it is satisfied with that one, but wants you to continue journaling for more. The fact that pain moves around for no structural reason is a sure sign that you are doing well on your TMS journey.

As the holidays approached, I began to hear less in my right ear, while my left is strong as ever. I have no cold or flu symptoms so I am sure my hearing problem is from TMS... the holidays may have been too much for me, with visits in and out, since I am normally like a hermit at home with my dog.
    So I am deep breathing and telling myself the hearing will normalize again as I relieve the emotional stresses of the holidays. I love them but am glad they're over for another year.

Laughalot likes this.
  3. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

same thing happened with my foot whilst I was sick for a few days. was in bed entire time yet got up and bam!

documenting these anomalous events is absolutely essential to allay fears

4. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

From my realization of TMS,
    something hidden (repressed feeling) inside you is trying to come out yet, you don't want to accept it. you don't want to accept it because it might bring up lots of anger guilt resentment which you don't want to feel, accept, so your body is expressing it.

5. Laughalot

Laughalot Peer Supporter

this reminds me of my stomach pains when i'm about to do something i perceive as very socially risky, like going on a date. maybe instead of the stomach pain, you get thumb pain? were you about to go on a date that evening? :)