1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

[-- Wisdom --]

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I learned more this year than all my years combined. I learned to take it easy on myself and to be more self considerate and self conscious with self-compassion.

I noticed that I would be anxious every time I'd start to learn something new and then I'd always want to do something else at the time than to learn how to focus and keep my mind set on wisdom. This would be the TMS defense mechanism at work.

In the past I took wisdom as something only the special wise men could do and that my wisdom would be always on a lower level, never as high as the greats, but I also thought that if I studied and applied their knowledge then I’d become a part of something bigger, that light glowing from the top of the hill that all men see and heal from.

I've read testimony after testimony of Miracles and Achievements.

Did you know that proverbs chapter 4 says wisdom is the principle thing and with all your getting get knowledge. (emphasis mine)

I began to seek knowledge through all books of wisdom and as I expected, Gods word is manifest in them all.

I searched further and learned the higher truths of our power we have on the inside of us. We can think our future into being, although it tarry wait for it.

We can feel an emotion and put and affirmation with Faith and belief and accomplish anything we set our minds and heart to.

The problem is these habits of doubt and pain we think on ourselves because we've never been taught that we can control our destiny and our health with our mind, we can.

We think what will be – will be, and this logic does have its case but the case doesn't have faith and a burning desire behind it.

I learned that if we can gain self-control and we can -- because self-control is a habit just like pain or stress or worry. Then we can apply principles to have self control. It just takes having the will of effort to take that step.

They have said you have stress so long you think your cursed to have stress when the truth is that's not true -- we can learn to live without self imposed stress and gain more power, health and healing into every fiber of our being.

With the new scientific studies on neuroplasticity and mindfulness then why wouldn't you think you can make things happen with your mind.

Don't be ignorant my dear breathen Paul the Apostle says in the bible. In other words when we worry and stress and develop tension and strain all were doing is sending poisons into our bodies, this has been known for over 150 years and these poisons make us jittery and nervous. Sick and fatigued. Tired and wore out. These poisons can be controlled with the mind through a will of effort to change this unconscious habit of stress and pain.

It’s controlled with knowledge of peace and calmness, getting back to enjoying life and resting your overworked nerves while letting your body recondition to thinking in the affirmative on healing wisdom.

We have got to smile and enjoy life more, lighten up on ourselves and stop being so tense.

We have got to live in the moment and stop worrying about the past, letting go of all doubt and hurt you've ever experienced.

We have to talk daily with friends and others that have hope and life in them so we can have that relationship that is a connection to wholeness.

We have to come back into balance with wisdom and learn to make wisdom a habit instead of just pretty phrases and words.

We have to set in the sunshine and soak up more nutrients that most of us haven't had in years, we have to smell the ocean breeze even if you just image the ocean as you breathe in the fresh air from the outside nature.

We have got to adapt these truths to our everyday lives for weeks to months before we can see a change for sure.

The choices are yours and remember wisdom is the principle thing but knowledge is before wisdom. Knowledge is when we put the wisdom we learn to use in our everyday lives and it eventually proves effective.

In the twinkling of an eye we will all see a change, if we believe and apply our efforts to make any needed change -- to do the impossible, to accomplish anything we set our minds to do.

Simplicity, Boston Redsox and Msunn like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Herbie. Thanks for posting this. You are one of the great ones of TMS healing.
    Your list of "we have got to's" says it all about being free of our symptoms and living a happy and healthy life.

Love to you from me and I'm sure from all others in the TMSWiki.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Sienna like this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Herbie, Walt, I know it's an old post, but it's very wise. Wisdom is within us all, we just need to take control and awaken it.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Love this one. God Bless.

5. Hopeful_Alexandra

Hopeful_Alexandra New Member

This is really so wise. Some principles I should bear in mind- esp. as someone who is prone to catastrophizing about their pain... And we know that only makes it worse! Thanks Eric/Herbie