1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Where I'm Up To

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sarah79, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Sarah79

Sarah79 Peer Supporter

So, yesterday I posted in the main forum about how the pain I was getting from an alleged 'functional hallux limitus,' had gone away entirely when I'd gone to walk a dog for 45 minutes. I found it amazing but also found it hard to accept, so started an internal little mantra going taken from the Hawaiian 'hooponopono,' method which is just four short sentences you repeat over to yourself in your head - 'I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you.' I do this sometimes when I have a period of worry or concern that I can feel myself intellectualising over. It got me thinking about how closely identified I now am with my foot pain, and how a natural freedom from it provokes further concern - analysis, vigilance, etc.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sarah79. It's good to have a mantra like the Hawaiian one. A TMS mantra also is very good... something positive like "My pain is not structural. It is psychological, from TMS emotions."

Are you journaling to discover repressed emotions?