1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 24 What's the best way to report broken links?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by hopeful_guitarist, Feb 23, 2017.

1. hopeful_guitarist

hopeful_guitarist Peer Supporter

2. hopeful_guitarist

I just realized that was my perfectionist talking again. I should just embrace the broken links. ;)

Ellen, mike2014 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

LOL, HG - good answer to your own question.

Seriously, though - the SEP is a labor of love, put together by Forest and a few other founding members of TMSwiki.org. Unfortunately, information on the web disappears, leaving our links hanging.

These things can all be fixed, but each one takes time, as someone first must figure out if the article can be found elsewhere, and if not, whether there is a good alternative, and if not, how to change the entire reference.

To answer your immediate question, it would be good to have one location to report bad links in the SEP. I'm thinking that a link on each page to one specific forum thread, a sticky one underneath this one SEP, might do it. Except that someone needs to set it up, and then go through all 42 pages of the SEP to add the link.

Which only solves the problem of reporting - not who is going to take the time to do all the fixing up. Because, these days, no one has the time!

I'll think on this, but my issue is that I'm a tax accountant...

Ellen and plum like this.
  4. hopeful_guitarist

Thanks @JanAtheCPA - I'm very willing to help if I can.

5. hopeful_guitarist

JanAtheCPA likes this.