1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What happens to folks who have TMS and don't know it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Guero Triste, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Guero Triste

Guero Triste Peer Supporter

The implications here are huge.

Almost certainly there are millions of people with TMS in the US alone. Only a very small percentage will even have an idea of the mind/body connection. Look at how many posts there are here. Not many. Like less than a hundred a day.

The rest of the folks?

Opiods. Suicide. Depression. Divorce, bankruptcy, ETC. A few will recover without the TMS knowledge since they will be forced to quit a lousy job, leave a bad relationship, etc. But most of these folks are on the elevator down to hell.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

You are absolutely right. Add medical bills, unsuccessful treatments, surgeries, broken families.... But many people refuse to accept the concept of TMS even if they know about it. How to change the attitude?

3. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Those with severe TMS/mind-body symptoms who don't realize it? They're on the fibromyalgia and other forums, not fully grasping that we don't view their symptoms as "made up," but rather a product of a very real and completely natural phenomenon. I've seen people who swore up and down they had neuropathy despite perfect test results, but after a decade of testing, one random nerve conduction study demonstrates the smallest bit of something. However, the person almost never realizes that's a normal test result as you age over time, and it couldn't possibly cause symptoms at such a high level of intensity. No way!

But there is always hope. I thought I was screwed because I've been experiencing symptoms since my childhood, but I now know they are not permanent.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  4. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

That's why we have to help others whenever possible... I hit every single negative thing on your list there (except suicide, but I gave it a lot of thought)..and now my life is so beautiful I get choked up with the unbearable love that emanates from God and the universe....
    So, Like Buddha and Saint Paul said, we're all moving towards the awakening...... some of us have more Karma and Dukkha to work out before we get free from the samsara but in that respect, all of those negative things WEREN'T because they forced us towards the light. (sings a round of disneys "It's the circle of li-i-i-ife")

it's all good

Rainstorm B and TG957 like this.