1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Welcome to the Forum for the Structured Educational Program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JanAtheCPA, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

you got it guys-its about happiness-knowing you can re-joice now,you have good reason/mix that with the belief -dont stop,you know have the concepts of understanding,acceptance and happiness -a great combo-just keep on keeping on,it really is a great site-thanks to you guys

Kathleen likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

and walt you r getting there-keep talking and thinking in the now-keep me up to date
    (wops theirs another concept)
    jilly keep me up on the progress

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

yes-you got it...god bless

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

yes and
    yes and alot more-just by knowing this -is a step in the right path-keep adding new concepts that work for you and lets talk about it-after all what do we two older men have to offer-wisdom-the talents of the ages-

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I think those are worthy goals and those who have posted having stopped their pain seem to have achieved them.

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

god bless walt-cant wait to here back from you-
    or ill nag until we can talk about something:)

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I'll share my progress with you and the others, and glad to have the interest and support.

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Maybe we should exchange email addresses,
    so we can share more personal stuff that others may not be interested in.

Mine is waltmax@comcast.net

I don't know if there is a club rule against this, but doubt it.

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Eric, I just read your story on your TMS profile. Very inspirational. I've read Peale and Hill too and have used the mantra "Every day in every way I'm getting better and better" for years and it helps keep me positive. I'm in Glenview, Illinois. Never been to Georgia. Very glad to know you're pain free from back pain after 3 months of reading Sarno and the others. I'm still working on it after 2 months. Yes, TSM is a life's journey and I've gotten so much out of it already. If I had cured before now, I would probably have missed a lot of what I've learned.

11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

thats one of my favorite affirmations for reverse conditioning-every day in every way,im getting better and better
    walt my e mail is ericwatson3336@yahoo.com-i have a lot to talk about and i have a lot of questions about your
    individual steps to healing-hope to hear from you soon,i tried to email you thru yahoo,ill try again

12. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I just emailed you and hope yours to me goes through.
    I'll post my steps to healing because other members may be interested.
    We can discuss that either through posts or email, okay?

13. Eric "Herbie" Watson

thanks walt -i got your email and emailed you back-
    my first step-getting over the hurdle that all the drs
    really didnt know the truth about me-they just
    told me what they have been taught.it was also an eye opener
    finally there was hope in this world of doubt that my mind had grown accustomed to

Jilly likes this.
  14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

My back pain began about 3 months ago after I lifted something the wrong way.
    But it had been kind of weak at least a year before that. It just intensified.

I didn't go to my doctor because I figured he'd have me get MRIs and Catscans and
    whether he found anything or not would have put me on some strong pain killer.

I took one Advil a day and it helped, but after a month I asked a nurse friend about it
    and she suggested I read Dr. Sarno's HEALING BACK PAIN. I did and it made good sense
    to me so I started following his Daily Reminders (page 82) and re-read other parts I had
    underlined. I still do that every morning, and also do Dr. Scott Brady's 6-week pain-free
    for life program.

But I don't think I quite told my subconscious the pain was from repressed emotions and was partly from
    aging, so I don't think the first 3-4 weeks of the programs worked for me. Since then I've tried to convince my subconscious the pain is 100 percent from TSM and have improved but am not yet pain-free.

The pain used to be high on the left side of my back and also sometimes switched to the right side.
    I don't get those pains much anymore but get lower back pain around the belt line, when I walk or stand.
    I don't take Advil or anything, just tell the pain it's from TSM and it either lessens or goes away.
    It stays if I'm on the computer a while so now I take frequent breaks from it.

Deep breathing also helps me. In through the nose, hold a little while, then out through the mouth.
    And I focus on calming thoughts.

This is what I have done and am doing now.

Kathleen and Jilly like this.
  15. Eric "Herbie" Watson

sound like you got the tms on the run-continue your program and those things about telling yourself about the re-pression
    thats what jounaling and affirmations do-its the acceptance of the theory over time that lets the sub-conscious know that you know its covert affair;
    keep up the good work-ill give you an update on my post recovery and recovery later in the day-i have to run errands for a while-god bless

Jilly likes this.
  16. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I'll keep at it, especially convincing my subconscious.
    Hear from you later. Have a great day.

Jilly likes this.
  17. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Wow, great chat you guys...I want to read along and share in this too...so keep me in the loop ! I have found my pain move around too...switching sides and body parts. That is " Classic TMS ". Eric is right ... TMS is on the run !

18. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Jilly. I think most of what Eric and I will chat about will be through the forum so we will share it with you and others.

Jilly likes this.
  19. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I'm 8 weeks into the Sarno and Brady programs and improving,
    but also began the TMS Structured Education 6-week program
    and like it. Read some good articles in the first few days of the program.
    And even thought of some new stuff for my journaling.

If anyone is running low on repressed emotions to journal for their subconscious,
    I have plenty to spare. LOL.

veronica73 and Jilly like this.
  20. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

How is it doing 3 programs at once ? Are they basically the same?