1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Update on programmed dreams

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Mar 4, 2014.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

I wrote on programmed dreams a few weeks ago. One of the recommendations from the doctor who instructs in programmed dreams is to take, at bedtime, 100mg of B6…200mg if you're willing to risk a little ruckus in dreamland. (My words, not his.)

So I've been experimenting with taking one tablet and of late, two. Insomnia has been one of my long standing TMS issues so I am very cautious with anything that may disrupt my sleep at this point in the game.

I'm happy to report that even with 200 mg, I'm sleeping just fine. And yes, I think the dreams are getting more interesting. And for the first time, last night I actually wrote down about the dream without turning on a light or trying to see what I was writing. I just wrote down key thoughts and words.

It's funny. After a vivid dream, I always think I'll remember the dream. And then poof! Like a vapor in the wind, it disappears into airy fairy land.

This dream was no different. I forgot it when I woke up. And then I looked at my jotted notes. The dream is still pretty fragmented but the message was loud and clear.

If you've read some of my other posts, you know I've been stepping back from a close friend of many years.

The essence of this dream made it very clear that I've been packing a LOT of rage (no, not anger, rage) toward this friend. And toward MYSELF for not speaking up. Dr. Sarno's words of truth are deepening in my heart.

Thanks to Mermaid's post today about how journalling helped her with her healing, I'm going to explore this relationship more by writing about it. (I love how timely posts show up here!) And is it any wonder that I've been dealing with a growing headache?

My headaches can be describe, rather crudely as "All wretch and no vomit" as Alan Watts put it. I'm hoping as I deal with this issue, one source of the headaches that have plagued me for so many years, can be done away with.

So anyhoo. That's my update. If you're curious, give the B6 a try. It was about $6 for a bottle of 100 so it's cheap to try.

Lily Rose likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

North Star Im so proud you have found the way to sleep better and also you are learning repressions through your Dreams. I have done that on many occasions and it saved me a lot of tension. Mermaid does have post that arrive right on time. I just thanked her earlier for a post that was timly for me, aint we got such a cool community:)

The headaches as I had to find out were the cause of me putting pressure on me so look into what you might be pressuring yourself on. Even program a dream to tell you. I say as I'm drifting off to my sub-conscious to let me know what I am pressuring myself about that's causing these headaches. You should have good success.

I remember when I first asked my sub-conscious to reveal to me why I was having the headaches and I dreamed of a repression. Come to find out that repression was pressure and really aren't they all. I hope this helps.

Bless You

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Reprogramming dreams certainly is an interesting topic.
    Especially if it can help or interfere if anyone has trouble sleeping.

My daily vitamin/mineral tablet includes only 5 mg of vit. B6,
    which is supposed to be 250 percent of the daily requirement.

North Star, keep us posted on how it goes with 100 mg of B6 for reprogramming dreams.

I'm going to wait awhile to try this because I'm not sure it's a good idea to
    interfere with our natural dream process. Anyone else have ideas on this?

4. North Star

That's great insight, Herbie. (About the reason why I may be putting pressure on myself.) That's a little more focused than just asking about the source of the headache.

The other thing I am seeing is the sheer absurdity of the lie I believed for YEARS. That being…the cause of my headaches were from a car accident 30 some years ago. But of course, all the medical folks supported that script. The blind leading the blind. I think this revelation is becoming my new reality as I embrace the TMS perspective.

Walt, I eased onto the B6 for the reasons you stated but I really wasn't too concerned about overdosing simply because I think the RDA guidelines are outdated. But yeah, I would never encourage anyone to do something beyond what their own inner wisdom tells them.

I am hopeful that for me, pursuing the dream route will help me move forward in understanding sources of my rage and then into forgiveness….for both the offending party…and myself.

5. jazzhands

jazzhands Peer Supporter

Keep us posted. Lucid dreaming is very interesting to me but I've never been able to get around to it due to laziness and sleep disorders. Although on the other hand I used to have nearly perfect dream recall because I was always waking up in the middle of sleep cycles, now I rarely remember them.

The daily requirements for water soluble vitamins are generally a good minimum, but generally high doses of them are safe because anything extra goes straight to the bladder (which is why it's bright yellow after you take a lot of vitamin B). It's the fat soluble ones (vitamin A) where taking too much can cause serious side effects.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Dreams can be amazing. When I work on writing a book, whether fiction or nonfiction,
    I get ideas in my dreams that I quickly write down so I don't lose them.

When I'm working on a book, I keep a note pad, pen, and flashlight on my night table
    and write down ideas I get before sleep and in dreams. I get some great creative stuff in my dreams.

North Star likes this.
  7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

This is Great North Star. You have learned so much and came so far. Keep us posted. I really think everyone at the wiki here would do good to learn about their repressions through Dream Work. On the Call in I wasn't even thinking of all the Dream Work that I have done. I'm glad you got me to thinking cause it has been about 6 weeks for me but tonight I will pursue my next level of Dream Work by asking my Dreams to show me the Best Steps to take now that I'm about to move forward with the neext chapter of my life and I know I will be guided powerfully.

Bless You

North Star likes this.
  8. North Star

I'd love to hear more about your dream experiences, Herbie. :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I had a great dream two nights ago, that I was with an old friend. Don't know what brought on the dream,
    but it sure was nice.

Lily Rose and North Star like this.
  10. North Star

I love dreams like that, Walt. Once in awhile my mom will pop up in my dream…lovely, wonderful dreams. (She's been gone about 20 years.) I miss my dad too but I was closer to my mom so I suppose that's why she may make a very occasional appearance in dream land.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

North Star if I want anything to be known to my conscious awareness that has been bugging me and I can't just put a finger on it. I will get good and relaxed in my bed at night right. With the mantra I'm calm, Relaxed, Patient and confident. Then I will say the words peace, and Ill wait till I feel the emotion of peace in my body and ill go through the fruits of the spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23. Reciting and saying each one then waiting till i feel that emotion in my body.

This puts me into a very comfortable state. From here ill tell my mind, " As I sleep reveal to me what it is that I don't know that's bothering me" After this I'll drift off to sleep and I have yet to wake up without an answer.

I hope this helps you to better understand how I program my dreams.

Thank You North Star

Lily Rose and North Star like this.
  12. North Star

That's helpful, Herbie. Thank you. I've been listening to ocean waves on an nature sounds app (vs. listening to a non-stressful book or reading a book such has been my habit since childhood.) I think that has helped me dream more…and more peaceful dreams too. I've gone through seasons where I just dreaded going to sleep because of anxiety or nightmare ridden dreams. NOT fun!

I think taking that Vit B6 has helped too.

Now if I get the winning lottery ticket numbers revealed to me in a dream all will be well. (Just kidding! I'm just kidding! I don't play the lottery. ;) )

13. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I love your style, I use hypnotic ocean waves sometimes. I used to use every sound nature had at one time or another and they all help soothe and drift into good dream for real. I went back to what i used a couple of years ago cause i was getting used to the sounds of nature but I will go back to those nature sounds when my own meditations need a change. Change is good for me. I'm the type of person that can read 10 different books at a time.

There is a Silva method as you get centered and relaxed -- you just tell your sub-conscious to reveal the winning lottery numbers to you as you drift off to sleep. They have all kinds of folks that have tried this and won. Although you said you don't play the lottery and neither do I. I just use my programming when needed and I always have great results.

You mentioned your mother in your dream. I too have had visits from my mother in my dreams. It was just out of the blue like Walt's Dream but I knew it was Mom coming back to visit me and give me assurance that I was going in the right direction.

Bless You

PS. I just started back on the vitamen B about a week ago myself and I can really tell the difference in my memory and energy levels. Thanks for bringing that up. Awesome

North Star likes this.
  14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Great Biblical reminders from Herbie: "I'm calm, relaxed, patient, and confident."
    And imagining ocean waves at the same time saying or thinking the Galacians' mantra can work wonders together.

God is my lottery. It costs nothing, and there is no risk when we have faith. He will heal us.