1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tooth pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lauren.R89, Mar 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lauren.R89

Lauren.R89 Peer Supporter

I’ve been without pain for three months now and then I had TOOTH PAIN. Nervy, constant. I think after so long without pain, I wasn’t expecting a flare up to be as bad as previous ones. I also have admittedly been freaking out which I’m sure isn’t helping. I’ve been having tmj (my jaw is locked up on one side). So I know I have some muscle stuff going on. And logically I know that my brain can create tooth pain. But if anyone has any success stories or encouraging info on this, I’d love to hear from you. I’m just building evidence for my brain to know that this also is TMS (I’ve had the tooth checked and it’s fine).

2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Lauren,

Yes, TMS pain can truly occur anywhere, including the teeth! TMJ is also a known variant of TMS. Just an anecdote- my husband had a strange finding on a dental xray that turned out to be nothing, but in between when he got it checked out and when they first found it on the xray, he had intermittent tooth pain and TMJ pain. Went away once he knew it was harmless. Hope you start feeling better soon!

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

We just had a few strings about this topic... go and search 'teeth' and 'tooth' and you'll find'em. It was inside the last couple of months.

I just went through the same deal. I was certain it was TMS because of what was going on in my life...and it was . Mom was dying while I was taking care of her...Family of origin tension about responsibilities, money,etc.

Made amends with my Brother whom I had tension with for years... and then Mom passed. Haven't been grinding my teeth any more. Like most TMS things, I don't know absolutely positively for sure which underlying thing causes what, BUT I am certain that big gordian knot is all snarled up together. Time for swords

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for sharing this, Baseball65. Another item in the many important things which occur when we're doing this TMS work with sincerity and some experience. Another gift to yourself and family.