1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Too much angst...and TMS.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BeWell, Sep 4, 2016.

1. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

Take a moment and give thanks you are here, and reflect on how lucky you are to accept and acknowledge the pain is caused by a simple psychologically induced process. What an amazing concept to know what is actually causing pain that is totally harmless, that the outside world is completely OBLIVIOUS too.

It is like being the first to know the world is actually not flat! Take heart and keep your keen mind sharply attuned upon unbridled emotions that need a calm and steady thoughtful mind.

The whirlwind of unconscious emotions drives humanity into conflict, historically. Dr. Sarno said if our unconscious feelings matched our ideals we would be in nirvana. Isn't that an invitation to engender into the unconscious what is necessary to end pain, conflict, and ignorance?

I am grateful for excruciating back pain that dropped me in devilish spasms to my knees where I could not stand up or shift in bed, or go to bathroom for four days. My bowels shut down. All because of emotions.

It is awesome. It is the answer and everyone who opens their eyes to what is causing their pain is well ahead of the game.

Embrace the reality. What choice do you have? Exactly. None! Embracing the reality the choices are endless. And the pain no longer matters. That is how pain goes away. It has happened to me many times, still does, and I will not worry one second about it because I am fortunate that one man has the soul of a real Doctor who deeply wants to help his fellow man and woman. Dr. John E. Sarno.

2. BeWell

BeWell Well known member