1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS or something else?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by AllianceMike, May 3, 2018.

1. AllianceMike

AllianceMike Newcomer

I am a soon to be 53 year old male with a myriad of physical/emotional symptoms that have been present for quite some time and am wondering if it could be tms or something horribly wrong physically.

My symptoms started years ago, but have progressively gotten much more severe. Physically, my body trembles/shakes 24/7. Chest pain. My head never feels right (hard to explain the feeling.....always feels full and lighheaded). I break into clammy sweats. I have digestive issues and am always very tender/sore in my muscles from mid-chest/back up.

I have had several tests performed including upper gi endoscopy, colonoscopy, abdominal ultrasound, complete thyroid workup along with other blood work, ekg, a sleep study etc. I do have sleep apnea, Barret’s Esophagus and a fatty liver. Other than that, the tests have come back normal.

Emotionally, I am on that “Fight or Flight” edge every second of the day. I’m always anxious, nervous, scared that I’m dying, etc. I feel down a lot of the time and detached from the world.

With all of the physical symptoms that I experience daily, it’s very hard to not believe there is something horribly wrong physically.

Any advice/guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated as I am at the end of my rope.

2. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Sounds very much like TMS. Do the structured educational program here on this site, that could help a ton. Also, you may benefit from seeing a TMS doc and getting an actual diagnosis, if possible.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Mike,

This sounds like TMS to me also. There are a wide range of symptoms, some of which you won't find commonly written about. The fact you are in "flight or fight or freeze" mode, and the fact "they can't find anything really wrong" are supporting factors for your self-diagnosis.

As KevinB suggests, you may want to educate yourself deeply and engage in some of the programs on the Wiki. And post here for questions/support.

Andy B