1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS Muddled with Other Conditions

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Pickle, Aug 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pickle

Pickle Newcomer

Anyone have a condition that gives symptoms as well as TMS? How do you sort it all out?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I didn't quite understand the question, but if it's TMS then it's not another condition, ie, it may have added psychological factors (which it most certainly will), but they are then not mindbody and need treated as such: a chicken and egg cause and effect thing.

Almost everything is TMS. It evolved through the years as the good doctor learned and understood better. So the confusion often comes in when people look at his earlier books and in how he first defined TMS. But as his awareness grew he expanded the term quickly because he was very wise. It all would have kept expanding had he lived longer. There are many people who define it differently, some with a narrow understanding and therefore definition. One that comes to mind is ankylosing spondylitis, AS, which is clearly TMS. There are way too many people who have healed from it after reading the good doctor's books, and mine. But there are other practioners and teachers who say AS is a "real disease." But it's all "real," whether it's TMS or not. The notion that disease cannot be initiated by the mind is nonsensical after all that we know. The proof is in the healings, and in the patterns.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant by "sort it all out?" It's either TMS or it's not, and it's almost always TMS/mindbody.

SteveO