1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tms is knocking me out

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Today has been one of the worse days of tms I have had in a while. My symthoms are so bad I had to come home and get myself in bed . My body feels like it as been hit by a truck granted I have been going massive separation anxiety since I moved out of my home last month know my dog is very sick my mind as been none stop

2. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

3. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Hey Marco, I agree with giantsfan, watch the game from bed if you have to. Things will get better- they absolutely will. Sorry about your dog.

Remember you will be fine!! Some days it just doesn't feel like it:(

4. Boston Redsox

Thx you both

5. Jacqui9

Jacqui9 Peer Supporter

Marco, I am so sorry you are having a day like this and can completely understand. I had a pain free day yesterday and today my leg triggered so bad I can't move it at all without medication. I'm so sorry about your dog. We have a dog, Cassie, a Chow Retriever mix, that is 16 years old. She is doing fine except for some issues with her back legs that our Vet is treating with meds. Cassie was one of the first to help me realize I had TMS because I was so stressed knowing her time with us is limited because of her age and of course it breaks my heart. Now, I am trying to focus on the joy of still having her with us. I'm hoping you will be able to keep telling yourself you will be fine because that is what this is all about.

6. Boston Redsox

Thx you for your post ....they said she as Lyme disease and hopefully the antibiotic will help. I love my dog had her for 13 yrs and before I moved out she was my comfort I slept with her everynight and even when I see her once a week there is a sadness for both of us when I leave it breaks my heart.
    My tms is knocking the shit out of me the last 24 hrs I don't know where to turn but inward and feel what's going on inside me . At the moment I can't move from bed but to take a shower and eat... Very isolated

7. Jacqui9

Jacqui9 Peer Supporter

Marco, My thoughts are with her that the antibiotics will work. Our other dog, Vera, had Valley Fever and Tick Fever at the same time about 5 years ago and we were very worried about her. She did fine and is going strong at 14 years old.
    I'm new at TMS so please keep that in mind with my comments but I think going inward for a time is a good thing; for instance, I asked myself today "why now?" especially when yesterday went so well. But I also try to give myself a break from it after awhile especially if I realize I start going over and over the same thing. I think there is an answer for it but we might now find it at the moment and need a rest from it even if it is a short one. You can always go back to it. Also I learned from TMS Recovery Program to remember to be kind to yourself. You will figure it out.

8. joe house

joe house Peer Supporter

Hello Marco I hope your feeling better today. Fighting this TMS is the hardest thing I ever tried to do. I have not been dong it long but already know I have to take it one day at a time and try not to be to hard on myself if I'm not successful somedays. Hang in there ! Joe.

9. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

Hey Marco I hope this morning you're feeling better...I wish your dog a speedy recovery...our pets give us unconditional love it feels so good.
    As you recently told me ease up on yourself! This is a difficult time.

As long as Boston isn't playing the Yankees I wish you a win!! But not too many :)

10. Boston Redsox

Thx Susan
    I wish I was feeling better this is my 3 rd day in bed new tms symthoms are hitting hard I feel like I am dying from the inside out can't move dizzy pain all over terrible exsiatance trying to stay calm but i am loosing

11. Susan1111

Marco is there someone you can call? I believe you're working with a TMS therapist can you reach them? Use your resources...
    I'm sending you a loving caring hug long distance.

12. Boston Redsox

Yes I can but I know what they are going to say....your hugs are much appreciated and have a better effect then talking to my therapist ...this road his a road I must travel alone ...I have a support group with my brother and family so I am ok. It's just a lot of feeling coming up and I just can't handle them

13. Susan1111

I'm glad my hugs help, so here's some more (( ))...YES you can handle it and will feel so much better as you allow your feelings to surface.

I'm so glad you have your brother and his family...that in itself is a blessing.

14. Boston Redsox

Yes it is .... My tms journey as been a rocky road can't seem to get out of the woods