1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS and Costochondritis

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Thebestwhey, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Thebestwhey

Thebestwhey Peer Supporter

I have had AMAZING success healing years of Chronic Arm pain and other issues through journaling and reflecting.

I bruised, possibly cracked a rib in March. It took some time to heal and I got back to the gym recently. I was lifting weights and working out with really no restraints but last week that stopped.

I was working out my chest and felt I pull on the rib area while doing a chest press and since then it has bee VERY painful. Its off and on which makes me wonder if its TMS but it also has me wondering if it could be tied to the rib injury in March

I am hoping to get some encouragement that its TMS so I can conquer my mind

Any help would be GREAT!

2. Plumcrazy

Plumcrazy Peer Supporter

The coming and going seems to be suspected TMS. What can be scary for you is that you feel that you did have an actual injury. Whether or not, it does seem like your mind is using that site to play out its pain signals. You remember what it hurt like when you felt injury, earlier, which reinforces the convincing pain that you experience right now.

Thebestwhey likes this.