1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Time spent healing

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jamejamesjames1, May 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jamejamesjames1

jamejamesjames1 Peer Supporter

For those who are symptomatic, how long do you spend on average in a day "dealing" with your TMS (in whatever form.. meditation, journaling, mantras, whatever)?

I'm thinking my multiple hours a day may be having the opposite effect...

I think trying to hard has me even more turned around and just want to see what others time commitments are

Sometimes it feels like you should do tms work when you'd rather say screw it...

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi James,

You're right on in this. Limit your time to no more than an hour a day working on this stuff. Maybe a half an hour is better. The more we seize on what we have to do to get better, and push ourselves, the more we can activate the Tension which got us into this to begin with. If you want more "work," then it might be finding pleasure, distraction, social time ---satisfying ways to spend time which take your mind --naturally-- off symptoms.

All learning takes "integration" and this is really true with TMS.

Andy

HattieNC and sarah2254 like this.