1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The recovery process

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by allinthemind, May 7, 2016.

1. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Hi, just wanted to ask those that have recovered or going through recovery if the symptoms leave in the reverse order of them coming on. I am currently going through recovery and my worst and last symptom was neck pain and one of the first was lower back pain. The neck pain is still there but it is slowly easing and now lower back pain is back with a bit of a vengeance.
    I'm going thru a bit of a slow patch at the mo with my sleep being poor again too. I have been through some good weeks in the past 3 months, maybe I am ill. Although i remember in the past when I was ill I was no good for anything so if I am ill now and I don't feel too bad that is an improvement.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi there, I thought I'd bump this back up so others can post their views / opinions. It may also be worth asking a TMS therapist the question. They will provide you with a professional view.

I'm still working through my journey so can't really advise, so am second guessing. I don't think TMS leaves in any particular order. If we look at The Mind-body Syndrome (TMS), it can be a life long journey of ailments from small to more severe. However, I'd say, just as there's no logic in the way symptoms appear there will be no logic in how they leave or when they leave. When you're ready to heal, you just will. The unconcious mind is a very powerful mechanism and can create so many symptoms within both the mind-body.

I'm looking forward to others thoughts on this question.

Thank you.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I agree with @mike2014 . There's no rhyme or reason to the appearance of symptoms. I do believe we may have some influence on their order of disappearance, depending on where our focus is with journaling etc. But my subC at least is very crafty; I've experienced a variety of symptoms for which it took me a LONG time to determine if they were TMS related!
    I think that often when we're 90-95% improved, the subC fights back with a vengeance. It's good to recognize that, so we can continue to methodically do what we know works.
    Blessings.

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent Gigi, I made the very same comment in another thread...

I think that often when we're 90-95% improved, the subC fights back with avengeance.

I think our subconscious usually fights to keep us occupied in the realms of physical rather than emotional. It knows we are close to uncovering the truth.

Gigi likes this.