1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

suggestions on books

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stevow7, Aug 3, 2017.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

hello guys! right now I'm almost done with dr Sarnos "healing back pain" (first book I've read about TMS). I wanted to keep going on this journey. I truly believe in mind body connection and want to learn more. what other books do you guys suggest that help the most? I heard a book about Steve but dont remember well. I'm trying to recover from Herniated disc and I can see myself in almost every page.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

The Great Pain Deception by Steve Ozanich is a favorite book of many on this site. Good place to go next.

stevow7 likes this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I second Ellen's recommendation of SteveO's "GPD". It is a veritable text-book of TMS PENICILLIN KNOWLEDGE, and the history of psychosomatic medicine. If you study it, you can hang out your shingle as a TMS expert. You'll be better equipped to deal with psychosomatic pain then 99 out of 100 people who call themselves psychologists. He also does TMS coaching by phone or skype.

There are many TMS books out there, and I've never read a bad one. Many have been written by physicians, who've had TMS and went to Dr. Sarno to be "cured". They then learned his TMS concept and practices on how to dx it. Other TMS books were written by TMS sufferers, who've been cured and shared their journeys.

With TMS, it's not so much, what or how much you read, but, when you are able to overcome the sub-conscious's conditioning, to bestow pain symptoms as defense mechanisms, to thwart feeling emotions in the present, and take conscious control of your life.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    stevow7, Ellen and Lainey like this.
  4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

You will need to convince your sub-conscious of that, as the Good Doctor quoted the poet, Edna St. Vincent Millay, "the mind is slow to learn what the quick heart perceives at every turn"-- or something like that--or vice versa--I'll have to get a tattoo of that someday to remember it right. But, you'll have to change your vocabulary too regarding your TMS symptoms--we are assuming you have TMS since you are at at TMS site--although I'm a tennis player and NOT a radiologist streaming a report from India to the USA because it's cheaper then using a US radiologist for an image report. When you read and assimilate THE BOOKS, you'll see that a "herniated disc" is NOT the source of your pain and suffering.

stevow7 likes this.
  5. pspa

pspa Well known member

I think the material recently posted by alan is as good as it gets and devoid of ego or psychobabble or agenda. If you have read sarno but want to read more i would start there.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017