1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Study Pressure

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by AkashVerma, Apr 14, 2023.

1. AkashVerma

AkashVerma Peer Supporter

I am college student. I have to complete assignments, attend lectures and prepare for exam.
    How can I manage study pressure and life-goal oriented self imposed pressure while recovering from TMS?
    I really need your advice.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I think first, you need to recognize that you can’t change external pressures. So the need to study and do your projects and reports, taking exams, is there for all students. I think acknowledging and accepting that this is hard important.
    Understanding that all parts of life will come with outside pressure: jobs and working, relationships and family, children.. living in society. Pressure is there. How you deal with it internally is exactly tms work. It is the things the SEP teaches: journal your emotions about things, take one minute to stop and think about your feelings. Learn to slow down when you feel the internal pressure to speed up, to do more. Meditate as much as you can - or find any way to disengage from the daily things you “do” and take time to just “be”. Find moments to be thankful - before you sleep stop thinking only of school and think of one thing that day that made you grateful. Maybe someone smiled at you, or you are great full for your rest. Consider that this pressure may be from your mind or from your personality too - to be perfect, do be best, to please someone other than you.
    Having goals is fantastic! It is how you go about achieving them and how you view success is what does or does not create internal pressure. You can slow down and enjoy this learning, and understand that the internal reward for achieving the goal is never the goal itself. It is how you got there, the adventure inside yourself to reach this goal is the reward.

AkashVerma likes this.
  3. Booble

Booble Well known member

Great response from Cactusflower.
    It's not the assignments, tests and goals. There are 200+ million students in college around the globe at any given time.
    It's how some of us react to different stimuli due to our own deeper tucked away emotions.