1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Some wisdom from Dr David Schechter

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, May 20, 2016.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi All,

I just wanted to share this excellent piece of TMS wisdom from Dr Schechter. I'd highly recommend everyone watches this short video, it addresses so many important points.

Best

Mike

Joey2276, Ines, BruceMC and 3 others like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Schechter's video should be very helpful to anyone with TMS pain who needs encouragement in healing.
    It happens fast for some people, but longer for others. It took me about three weeks to heal from severe back pain
    once I read Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain, came to this web site, and did the Structured Education Program.
    The program led me to journaling and I discovered I was repressing feelings from my boyhood. That helped me to heal. It involved forgiving my parents for divorcing when I was seven and it left me with feelings of abandonment and
    insecurity. I think most of us repress some harmful feelings. If we learn what they are and are patient in TMS healing, we become new people, pain -free, healthier, and happier.

mike2014 likes this.
  3. skhs

skhs Peer Supporter

That is helpful, no nonsense advice from Dr Schechter.

mike2014 likes this.
  4. eskimoeskimo

eskimoeskimo Well known member

"Pain is a habit; an imprint on the nervous system. Be patient, be persistent."