1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

SOME GOOD MINDFULNESS VIDEOS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Sep 24, 2015.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I found some on Youtube that help us to live in the present and are good practice in noticing and feeling our surroundings, all while deep belly breathing.

9 Hours -- Natural Sounds -- River in the Shire. Relaxing... nature sounds, no music.

Relaxing Nature Sounds -- a mill on a stream, posted by Okanokumo.
    He also has: Relaxing Background Music, "Poetry of Water."

Guided Meditation for Detachment from Over-Thinking (anxiety, OCD, depression)
    Posted by Michael Sealey who has a very soothing voice, almost hypnotic,
    focusing on breathing in the present moment. Sealey has some other excellent Youtube videos.

Scott Cole's Evening Meditation on the Beach in Hawaii.
    He shows very relaxing Tai Chi movements with soft music that is very calming.

Deep breathing (inhale through the nose to fill the belly, hold the breath for a few seconds
    -- I prefer holding it with the mouth open), then exhale through the mouth while sucking in the belly.
    Some say 4-7-8, others 1-2-3, others anywhere in between. The exhale should be longer than the inhale,
    and say "Whoosh!"

Hope these are helpful. What are your favorite mindfulness meditation videos on Youtube?

Looking forward to the Mindfulness session starting Oct. 1.

Renee likes this.
  2. LoLo

LoLo New Member

3. LoLo

LoLo New Member

Walt
    Thank you for posting these, I really find comfort in listening to them.

Lolo

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks kindly Walt. Hope you are having a great weekend.