1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Hanscom's Blog Six Feet Apart

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Back In Control Blog, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Back In Control Blog

Back In Control Blog Well known member

“Six Feet Apart”
    Oil 9×12″

Currently in literal terms, this is the kind of mask that has center stage right now. When the pandemic began I hadn’t painted for quite a while. But through expressive writing & exploring emotions I decided to do a series of paintings documenting the unfamiliar territory of the covid-19 virus. “Six Feet Apart” is one of my paintings in the series. For a reference I used a photo of myself. It’s a strange painting for a bizarre historic time in our collective history. The pensive bareskinned women is the ‘every-person.’ Her vulnerability continues with a paper thin mask & pure snowy hair of innocence in this situation. The tattoo is a rose of hope & happiness for the best possible outcome.

The pandemic situation makes me wonder if it’s making us take off metaphorical masks we might wear to become more of our real selves with new & healing ways of living… As it’s done for me with returning to painting again.

Related posts:

1. Lost and Found
    2. Caught in a Swirl of Change
    3. My Feet on Fire
    [​IMG]

2. Mtngal

Mtngal Well known member

There is no painting here to view is there?