1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Sever Pain Flare

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Going threw incredible flare last 2 days .... This can cause a human being to doubt all.
    Don't understand why this pain as increases to this level. God I want to pop pain killers but that would just set me back. Been off meds since April

Help

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Marco, maybe take a pain killer for a little while, if it helps. Dr. Sarno even recommends it in his writing.
    Something emotional is causing the pain. It's okay to get relief from some medication, just keep telling yourself
    the pain is not structural but from TMS. Lots of people say they get setbacks in their healing. Think of it as just being temporary.

Try to think positive and find ways to think and do things that make you happy. Distractions such as visualizations can help.
    I like the relaxation videos on YouTube. Or just watch a funny old movie on YouTube. You like old westerns or detective movies, lots of them are there and can take your mind off the pain.

3. Boston Redsox

Thx Walt you always have words that set me at ease

4. Markus

Markus Guest

That must feel really horrible as you've made some progress! I'm wondering if barometric pressures coupled with real life pressures could be playing a part. I would journal and pay attention to your inner child. Taking pain meds will not destroy all the good work you have done in the past 6 months. Your good judgment will win out, you have made great leaps, and while I don't advocate pain meds,you're not a shirt tail 7 year old needing mom's permission.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
    Boston Redsox likes this.
  5. 575

575 Peer Supporter

I believe this is actually a sign of huge progress.
    What the increased pain means is that TMS is starting a last assault on you, with all its remaining energy.
    It is trying to stay relevant.
    Stop worrying and sit through the incredible pain, you're almost done.
    I speak from experience.

EDIT: I want to make something clear again.
    Increased pain throughout recovery is a GOOD sign and NOT a setback.
    It indicates the person's abilty to ignore TMS.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  6. Boston Redsox

Crazy pains in teeth constipation u name it. Is this tms digging in I never had this the first time around the sep when I did it last winter.

I am hanging in for ride and no meds.

Markus likes this.
  7. Markus

Markus Guest

You're an excellent example as always. When you look back at where you were when you started this whole TMS program, and you look at where you are you can notice the difference. I don't know why you're having these symptoms, I could guess, so I would say, stress usually, that is the reason we have an added symptom. But you've almost won this game, or war with TMS, and the brain is very tricky in trying to find new ways to get you to not believe. It's inspiring me to hear that you're carrying on, and without meds. Keep us informed because it's encouraging to read this type of post. It builds up, instead of tears down. Must be you're getting to some deeper emotions, but, while I hate to hear about the added pain, it's most likely TMS running for cover lol!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  8. 575

575 Peer Supporter

I also experienced a new symptom during my recovery. Shoulder pain.
    I immediately knew that it was TMS and "shrugged" it off.

9. Boston Redsox

Thx you all for your kind words , I am trying to stay present and be with whatever is with me at any giving time.

Markus likes this.
  10. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

Hi Boston, today I learnt from a Podcast that Steve Ozanich has suffered more setbacks than advancing in his TMS Journey.
    May be we all need to take inspiration from that.

He has seen results after following Breathing & Meditating.

11. SusieQ

SusieQ New Member

Boston - I understand what your writing about when you describe the incredible burst of crippling new pain. I did take a RX strength painkiller last week before bedtime - the knives stabbing into both hips was so severe as I tried to climb into bed with tears in my eyes.
    But it was no surprise that I had no relief! I didn't view this as a a set-back, in fact in my mind it helped reinforce that fact that my pain is TMS based.
    Keep pushing through - as I am - we'll come out on the other side - just believe and breath!