1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Sep

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ballard, Feb 14, 2015.

1. ballard

ballard Newcomer

Today is the first attempt of writing down my thoughts about TMS, i have been in TMS therapy for the last couple of months, which has been helpful, but i have come to a conclusion that the more i do towards fighting the TMS, the better.

I am a hypochondriac, and for the last 15 years my life has been dominated by a series of mystery illnesses (Gastritis, Prostatis, GERD, Allergies, Chronic Sore Throat, and currently random skin burning sensations throughout my body) Bloodwork, X-rays, Scans all negative for anything!

My hypochondriac nature has made it difficult for me to accept TMS, even though my logical self is 100% sure i am. So i am still battling my symptoms....hopefully that makes sense!

I am tired of all this crap running my life. Today is the day i start to push back!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

You have come to the right place. You will learn so much about yourself. One of the TMS traits is being overly focused on the physical symptoms.

3. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Good for you and welcome!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ballard.
    Looks like the thing you need most to heal from TMS is to believe in it 100 percent,
    and you're working on that.

Watch more videos from the subforums on how and why TMS works.

Some of them also are on YouTube.

Don't let your hypocrondriac side make you doubt TMS.
    You've already had medical exams that report your symptoms are not structural.
    That's a big step toward TMS acceptance.

Now you need to follow the SEP to discover the repressed emotions or personality traits
    that are causing your symptoms. Journaling helped me do this, and mine went way back
    to my childhood when my parents divorced when I was 7. It left me with great insecurity.