1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 37 self care

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by keenie82, Oct 23, 2018.

1. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

I have been doing this program slowly as I was away on holidays for 2 weeks. I have learned a lot though. I still have TMS symptoms but I am much more accepting of them. I find the more I accept, the better I feel. Day 37 talks about self care. One thing I started doing was going to spin classes. I also enjoy reading. I find reading joyful. So I will start to add the 4-5 hours per week to add pure joy to my life. It is so important as I do get frustrated when my husband goes mountain biking, or hunting and leaves me with our 3 year old son. I think I deserve the same amount of time for joy as my husband!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Beautiful! Self care takes practice, and requires challenging old patterns --within ourselves and in relationship with others. It sounds like you're feeling the benefits! Learning what you want, and asking for it can be an important part of this process, and an important part of allowing--and therefore not repressing, your inner life. Bravo!! Taking care of ourselves creates less inner tension.

3. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

Your post has been a very good reminder about self-care; I find it very hard to do, instead allowing myself to get swept away on the hamster wheel of activity and ignoring self. thankyou for the nice tap on the shoulder.