1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 35 Self care day

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, Jul 2, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

I got to the point where journaling and reading various books is self-care for me because it makes me stop and think what is causing any kind of symptoms and if I've forgotten to breathe. My schedule is quite busy so I don't manage to do the program every day and when I feel like I need to journal I do it, but that is exactly what everyone should do, listen to themselves and find their own rhythm. I recently met a person that suffers from TMS really obviously and I gave her the Mind Body Prescription book to read. She has so many similar personality traits like me and symptoms, it was really surprising. I do wonder, does being friends with somebody who is just discovering TMS and is still experiencing the high level of symptoms good for me that am recovering well? Will that influence me by bringing back the doubts and negativity?

2. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

I think it could be somewhat therapeutic in that you could feel good about yourself for helping someone else. But I would not get too caught up in helping someone else because if you are like me you will tend to get wrapped up in other people's issues and forget to take care of you.

3. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

Hi CatLady13, that's exactly what I'm afraid it is going to happen. So I've decided to not bring it up anymore, if my friend doesnt think it is TMS I will let it be. I gave her the book and that's a good start :)