1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 16 Relating to Enrique's success story

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ludwig94, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Ludwig94

Ludwig94 New Member

While reading his story I felt so deeply the connection between both our cases. I also suffered from "RSI" due to being a pianist, which caused me a lot of frustration and inability to practice properly. I was always scared that I might injure myself whenever I feel any sort of discomfort in my hands. I was deeply paranoid and refrained from doing many daily activities to "rest" my hands. As with Enrique, I saw so many therapists/doctors, but with no lasting cure. Until I read Dr. Sarno's mindbody prescription and realized how much I relate to the it and found that I definitely have TMS. After that I just practiced normally almost a week after, sometimes with a bit of discomfort (that earlier would have had me depressed) but now I just continue and don't let it affect me. My pain is much less and I have so much more freedom in doing whatever I want. There is still progress to be made, pain to be reduced, unconscious emotions to be dealt with, but already it feels great not to be a slave to fear of pain.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

You have made a great start. I look forward to reading about your progress on your road to recovery.

Ludwig94 likes this.
  3. Ludwig94

Ludwig94 New Member

thank you for your kind words