1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Question to Ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KevinB, Jun 10, 2015.

1. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Question To Ponder
    What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have you kept that in your mind?

I've been told by doctors that the pain is due to herniated disks, and the only way to improve is through PT, injections, and the possibility of eventual surgery. They've also told me to limit most of the exercise I like to do, namely weight lifting, until I "heal". So really nothing too crazy, just the standard medical advice that they're trained to give. But those things have been ingrained in my mind, so it is difficult to let them go. All the testimony here, however, is helping to slowing disassemble those notions and replace them with the fact that this is TMS, psychological not structural.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kevin. Doctors and tests say you have herniated disks, but Dr. Sarno says they do not cause pain. The pain is
    psychological. He does suggest not doing heavy exercise until you feel better, so maybe weight lifting should be put off
    for a while, or just do it moderately. Try to forget what doctors say. Most of them just want to give pain relief pills or
    surgery. Dr. Sarno and TMS are the answers to pain. Just keep at the SEP and you are going to heal and feel
    healthier and happier than you ever thought possible.