1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 32 Question to ponder section

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Fredric, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Fredric

Fredric New Member

When was the last time you made a mistake? How did you feel?
    The last mistake that I remember is two nights ago cutting a divot out of my hair with the hair clipper by mistake.
    It was behind an ear and not so noticeable. Regardless, I felt mortified and criticized myself harshly, even though the haircut came out really well, especially so, since I'd never done it before. The perfectionism was really apparent. I told myself to put the clipper away for two weeks and that I could go over the area then if I want to, but I don't have to.
    What's funny is that after only two days that it's hardly noticeable, but it was cause for mental condemnation and discouragement two nights ago.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

You're further along than me, so perhaps you remember one of the articles in the program about out "inner bully." I definitely have felt that with little mistakes where my brain fights between the sides of "this doesn't matter" and "why didn't you do that better!" Yay perfectionism! Do you find writing it out makes you care about it less?