1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Question about talking to pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by kkcarlton, Jul 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kkcarlton

kkcarlton Peer Supporter

Hi,

I have had success, from time to time, just telling the pain to stop. Usually I talk to my brain, or get mad at my brain, and command it to stop sending pain signals. Something I am dealing with other than pain is cortisol dis regulation, particularly, low levels of cortisol in the evenings. This causes tiredness, also stiffness/pain, fatigue, feeling cold, and more. I can see how telling the brain to stop sending pain signals can make the pain stop immediately. Would the same work for the cortisol issue for example? If I tell my pain to stop sending false signals of any kind, is it possible that my adrenal glands will produce normal amounts of cortisol in that instance thereby removing the resulting symptoms immediately or does it take longer for something like that to come back to normal function?

Saffron likes this.