1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 18 Prevalent emotions in my journaling

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by douggie, Dec 1, 2016.

1. douggie

douggie Peer Supporter

Take a look at your journal entries. What emotions are most prevalent?

I see a lot of shame and not feeling good enough or worthy. This stems from me being a perfectionist and then also having an addiction and not living up to my expectations for myself.

I see a lot of stress from comparing myself to others in thinking what more I could do and how much harder I could work.

There's a lot of anger, from what I perceive as some people in my life not treating me fairly.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Douggie. I think it is very common for perfectionists to not feel they are living up to their expectations.
    That makes it very hard on them and also their loved ones and others. To heal in TMS from our emotions we need to recognize the harmful emotions, and you have at least one of them. I hope you can work on modifying your perfectionism so you let up more on yourself. Just do your best and don't pressure yourself. You have been bullying yourself with pressure to achieve more.

As for anger in feeling others don't treat you fairly, try not to expect so much of them. Treat yourself fairly... that's the important thing.