1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pain worse whilst reading book

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevee620, Dec 20, 2015.

1. stevee620

stevee620 New Member

Hi all, i'll keep this short because i have RSI symptoms in my arms/hands, but i just wondered, i've been reading the book mindbody prescription, and each time i pick it up and start reading, the pain (which was already there), just increases markedly. Has anyone else ever had this? I thought the opposite might happen.
    Stephen.

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

yes it very normal for your brain to increase pain to put doubt

3. stevee620

stevee620 New Member

That makes sense Marco, Its like my brain is trying to make it even harder to concentrate on the text. Its fighting its corner in the distraction department.
    Resisting my attempts to make myself better.

4. Boston Redsox

it happen to everbody...get it on audio if it helps and please believe me recovery takes time and patience

5. stevee620

stevee620 New Member

great idea! I've just got The divided mind (Audio) from Amazon.co.uk, as part of a FREE 30 day trial :) I'd already bought the book, to read after the mind body prescription, but it looks a bit overwhelming for a slow reader like me.

6. Boston Redsox

get the audio especially if dr s is reading it soothing voice

7. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Forum.

Marco is spot on by saying the brain will increase pain. The unconscious is a devious little gremlin that will deploy any strategy to make you focuss on the pain rather than the underlying emotional issue.

I'd take your time with the reading, it's better that you understand and digest the information than speed read. Let it marinade and digest, it's the recipe for your healing.

Best

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  8. Boston Redsox

excellent advice