1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Pain on the move?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MrPositive248, Mar 20, 2017.

1. MrPositive248

MrPositive248 New Member

Yes, my pains have always moved around. When I would describe this to the doctors and medical techs they would say “your pain is still Localizing” ??? The low back pain is gone for now but it could move from side to side and upper back to lower. I still sometimes have pain and soreness above the hip, sometimes behind the hip, sometimes in front and occasionally below, but never directly on the hip joint. It happens mostly when walking or going from sitting to standing. I’ve been through describing this twice to doctors. The diagnosis has stopped me from going back for more. I’m sure it will come up next month during my physical. But I’m not getting another MRI, more X Rays and tests , tests, tests which show nothing. I’m happy not to be going through all that. Now that I think about it I’ve been pain free today. It makes me laugh to read this. I would think my doctors would have concluded I’m a little nuts by now, but instead they talk about their back pain and chiropractors.

MindBodyPT likes this.
  2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

It's funny how puzzled doctors tend to be by the pain descriptions, isn't it? I'd been through this myself when I went to a neurologist about my back pain...I could tell how puzzled she was and this really increased my anxiety (pre-TMS knowledge of course!) As a physical therapist I couldn't make sense of it myself! Why the pain and numbness would switch sides randomly? Why my "worse" herniated disc was on the left but most of my pain was on the right? Some PTs refer to "localization" of pain being a good thing but now I know the truth :) Don't go for any more tests at this point, it's all so ridiculous and now thankfully you know the cause of the pain.