1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 13 Pain is not my current symptom

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Irene, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

Greetings!

Day 13 has a long and excellent article about pain, which I read in its entirety, and appreciated because I've had TMS pain symptoms in the past. However, my symptoms right now are respiratory, and affect my voice. This is huge for me, because I LOVE my voice :joyful:. I sing and I teach and I record myself reading. So, as pain holds back runners, bronchitis holds me back. Two weeks ago, I did get a recording done, in between coughs, because I'm a good editor ;).

Now, I'm grateful for this break, because, hey! I'm doing this!

Yesterday, I participated for the first time in the Saturday chat session, and enjoyed learning from two terrific women who were there. Then from what I learned there, I watched this by Dr Gabor Mate:

Amazing! and I highly recommend it. My personal disclaimer: I'm probably one of the most conservative people on the planet, and likely disagree with everything else this man believes, but this video is awesome. I'll be journaling off this, and rewatching it, to be sure.

Today, while journaling using The Work by Byron Katie, again, in my opinion, awesome, without endorsing anything else the woman has to say, I discovered how her 3rd question (How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?) ties in with my attachment issues (discussed by Dr Mate) and how the 4th question (Who would you be without that thought?) ties in with authenticity (also discussed by Dr Mate.) Now, I'm not going to try to explain all that. Go watch the video! But I'm excited! I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

God bless Dr Mate and Bryon Katie!

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for the post Irene, I'll definitely give it a watch sometime tomorrow.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I've watched the first 15 minutes of the Dr. Mate video and will watch the rest later.
    It's fantastic, especially for those who care for children, the afflicted, or the elderly.