1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pain in both legs

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jake, Jan 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Jake

Jake New Member

Hi, I'm not new to Dr Sarno's method and have had sciatica and was healed Thank G-D using this method. About a month ago I started having some muscle pain in my legs. Now It's getting worse but also have some lower back pain and at times can feel it in the lower buttocks as well. I unfortunately am having a lot of stress, so I was wondering if this could be TMS. My real question is that TMS usually targets one side. can TMS affect both sides at the beginning as well? Thanks for your responses!
    Jake

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

What you describe is definitely TMS. I experienced a very similar scenario. Your history of past TMS is just more evidence for the fact that your brain has upped the ante. This just means that you have some more work to do but it's not a big deal. Really address you current life stressors and emotions you may be repressing, negative thought habits etc.

3. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

In Alan Gordon's book, he lists a number of things that indicate something is neuroplastic pain, and symmetrical symptoms is one of them. If you are developing symmetrical symptoms that is surely TMS.

I have something similar, one of my symptoms is a kind of weird hyper-tension in both upper legs. Yet there is nothing actually wrong with them.

4. Jake

Jake New Member

Thank you both for your responses. It will definitely help to know this information!

miffybunny likes this.