1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Numbness

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Teep1985, Feb 28, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Teep1985

Teep1985 Newcomer

Hi All:
    New here and just beginning this TMS process after reading John Sarno’s books. I had a baby 7 months ago, and 3 weeks after delivery experienced excruciating painful sciatica and even foot drop. MRI showed herniated disc at l5-S1 with impingement of S1 nerve root. I’d known about herniated disc for 20 years, but never caused me any discomfort. Of course I was told that the delivery “sent me over the edge” to cause these symptoms. I got a steroid epidural shot which stopped the pain for the most part, but now 7 months later I’m still left with the numbness in certain parts of my leg/feet. They “seem” to match where the impingement is, but I’m now convinced this is TMS. Any thoughts, since it’s not pain really that I’m dealing with anymore, but more the weak/heavy/numbness symptoms.
    Thank you all !

2. newlearner

newlearner Peer Supporter

The symptoms I have match the nerve locations. It sounds like spine source. I would like to see evidence or reason for why tms can follow nerve coordinates. Wouldn't following a specific path mean it's really tangible?

3. Teep1985

Teep1985 Newcomer

4. Teep1985

Teep1985 Newcomer

I agree with this, but a disc should not take more than 6-12 weeks to heal, so I imagine mine started structurally for sure, but that the chronicity of it is as a result of my learned fear response to the initial painful event

5. newlearner

newlearner Peer Supporter

I'm glad you said that.

I've heard discs heal in 6-12 weeks, too.

I have a bulging disc in my neck. The pain has *gotten better* yet hasn't *gone away." Little things set it off.

I wonder if this "healing" doesn't mean "healing" (ie still appears on MRI) but means "pain does away."

It took 40 years of shit posture to hurt it. Now it takes about 5 minutes of bad posture to make it hurt.

No way that means it's "healed."

Tms would state as soon as the bad emotions go away the pain stops.

Funny how 5 minutes of awful placement can bring it back.

It's as if it's not tms.

6. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Teep,

I had all those symptoms in both legs. Got the cortisone shot too: the heaviness, numbness, and the rest of the symptoms too.

There is no need for the disc to heal because it does not cause pain, according to the American College of Physicians.

You can watch these two short videos I made on pain facts your doctor may not tell you that explain more.

https://www.fredamir.com/painfacts

So just treat it as TMS and move forward with your life.