1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

No Pain?! ; )

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Sarah79, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Sarah79

Sarah79 Peer Supporter

Hi Folks,

So, today, I get up; few creaks and a bit of pain. Cycle to a dog-walk I have. Walk dog for 45 minutes. A bit of pain in some of my foot, but no pain at all in the bit of my toe which apparently has functional hallux limitus. Nothing. And this was walking in bare-soled trainers, no orthotics, along a pavement. The dog himself is quite a boy, too; hefty and strong, if lovely. As I walked, I just thought, 'okay, accept things are okay. Accept it.' And I started thinking of that lovely, healing mantra -

'I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you,' over and over, partly 'cause it relaxes me and partly 'cause I don't want to start obsessing about why it doesn't hurt; I think that's part of the battle - trying to accept it going away when it does. Anyway, so yes, that's me on Day 9.

Wow.