1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Need Encouragement

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Satori, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Satori

Satori New Member

I am on day 6. I have been very positive, energetic, and more active than I have been in a long time. I started to feel nerve pain in my face. I held out from takings medication. I did yoga and then I gave in and took a pill. I wanted to have a running streak of a couple days with no medication. Any advice to not feel defeated? Thanks.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hello, I recommend weaning off, as you would when trying to stop a medication even if not on the program. You can try setting limits so that you only take medicine a certain number of days per week, or certain doses, and slowly decrease. When I started TMS treatment, I had been taking a variety of supplements for years to help with IBS-C symptoms. Out of caution, I very slowly weaned off, which helped limit my worries.

Regarding feeling defeated, TMS healing is rarely a straight line. It is very up and down, so please know that it is common to have good days and bad, to relapse then improve, etc. Also, there are no timelines. You have as much time as you need to feel better, so try not to worry about stopping medicine by a certain date, etc.

Keep up the good work!

SSS likes this.
  3. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

Hi Satori,

It’s great to hear that you have been making progress with the programme. I think it’s really important for you to celebrate the wins and the progress that you have made so far. I can relate to how you’re feeling right now and I have felt like it many times in the past. When setting myself goals I always made them so rigid that there was no room for adjustments even if this would have made things much easier for me. I would insist that I had to run a certain number of nights a week or to do yoga for 30 continuous days. The problem with this is that we can’t control the future. For example, yesterday I took my students out on a school trip all day. I was supposed to go running last night but I just didn’t feel like it as I was so tired when I got home. Rather that trying to push myself I just took a rest yesterday and I’ll run tonight. Even if I miss one day of training it doesn’t really matter. I think it’s important to celebrate every success rather than spend time thinking about what we might see as a setback or failure.

Satori likes this.