1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Moving symptoms - To see a dr or not

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by CMA, Feb 25, 2016.

1. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

So dear friends..in the past 4 weeks I have had the following:
    Vertigo
    Hives
    Congestion and cold that lasted 10 days
    Facial rash (Dermatologist confirmed it an allergic reaction)
    Pelvic pain
    IBS
    Herpes/cold sore and fever which I am managing with tylenol

The question is should I go to a Dr or not? I am in a turmoil with my family due to some very negative childhood neglect issues which my mom seems to be repeating not bothering to ask me how I am feeling despite knowing I have been sick. Any advice on should I take tylenol, rest and try to get over the herpes/cold sore/fever thing OR should I go to my PCP?

Thank you

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I am not a doctor but suspect your aches and pains and cold comes from a lowered immune system because of the emotional pressure your mother is putting on you, probably making you believe her criticism and it's making you stressful. I know from experience that not being happy can bring on colds and they can last. Forty some years ago I worked for a big insurance company and hated it. I got colds a lot and took days off from work. I finally quit after 3 years and have almost never had a cold since.

So I suggest you consider your symptoms to be TMS from your emotions and try to live with your mother's criticism. Let it go in one ear and out the other. Be polite, smile, even thank her. I doubt she'll see things your way, so let her have her own. She is probably taking her own emotions and guilt out on you. We aren't physically made to kick ourselves, so she is kicking you when she may really want to kick herself. Maybe try to put yourself in her shoes, both when you were a girl and now.

3. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Thank you Walt for helping me think through this. I will stay put and rest and try to relax. Not sure I am there yet with forgiving but I have to start letting go and accept it first.