1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Moving sharp/tingly pain and cramps, left foot

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Knut, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Knut

Knut New Member

Hiya!

Okay, here I go again, with a question about foot pain. In addition to all my other symptoms, the one that is probably driving me most mad is the intermittent and persistent pain under my left foot. No matter how brave I am, when that tingly electrical sensation sets in under the middle of my left foot, I am immediately afraid.

Is this the so called "plantar fasciitis"? At first I thought it was sciatica, because I imagine I can sense also a tingling in my upper leg and sometimes the buttocks have a knot in them, but this isn't always the case. I went to a reflexologist and he told me that the pain could also be referred from muscle knots in the ankle. The thing is though, that it moves very fast. One moment it is sending electrical buzzing under the middle of the foot, while the next moment it's sending sharp pains or cramps higher up towards the toes, and in the next moment the big toe can be buzzing. Sometimes two of the other toes zap with a very electrical feeling, whereas suddenly it can move down and become this really sharp and intense pain that I fear to death...

Also, on some days, I have no pain under the foot, but rather these sharp moving pains around the ankle, or sometimes even on the top of the foot. But the weird thing is I never had BOTH ankle pain and foot pain simultaneously. And also, as the pain can be in so many areas of the foot, I never seem to have it in all places simultaneously, it always seems to stay single pointed, by roaming fast!

Another thing that disturbs me is that often when I get these sharp pains under my left foot, I also seem to get them in my left hand, although not as intense, and also in my left breast muscle. Sometimes I get these burning sensations under my foot, and the next moment it's as if I got a burning sensation on my shoulder and even kind of in the left side of my mouth... it's like the pain makes such an imprint on consciousness itself, that the whole thing goes haywire...and then I get a lot of pins & needles...

Anyone experience this?!?!?! Argh!!

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Been dealing with these same issues for 5 yrs