1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 11 More TMS Evidence... and a massive revelation.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KJFliving, Jan 1, 2017.

1. KJFliving

KJFliving New Member

I've had an awesome couple of weeks on the progress / symptom reduction front, but there were two days during that time (not long ago) when my symptoms came roaring back...but then went away as fast as they came on. This is the first time that has happened where it came on so severely/ quickly...but cleared up just as quickly. Up until this point, changes have been more gradual in nature, overall. I find this to be both enlightening and encouraging.

It's enlightening because, at least in my estimation, it really seems to support the TMS diagnosis. If my symptoms were truly the result of the stenosis, degeneration, and the rest of the yadaydayda that my MRI's all show, then surely the symptoms wouldn't change so radically in 24 hours? Especially since I did NOTHING PHYSICALLY DIFFERENT from one day to the next during that time span. It HAS to be something psychological that was triggered on those two days. The pain of those two days is a gift, in that I can now really zero in on what I was doing those two days that might have triggered the pain. I'll write more about my hypothesis of the cause after I put it to the test later this week. I have the same types of (professional) activities planned in the week ahead as I did during the two days where I had the flare up.

The encouraging aspect of this is that I now know with 100% confidence that my symptoms can subside over night in a HUGE way. So at any given moment, it is verifiably possible for my symptoms to go away overnight! I had read many other testimonials from people who had this experience as well, but this was my first time experiencing it for my self. What a powerful revelation!

2. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

Hi KFJ living , I am on day 24 and I have had exactly the same thing happen to me twice in the past four weeks. It took my breath away originally and I was all set to go running to my physio and doctor. Then I put the situation up on the forum and got some advice about how the mind get clever to try to stop you continuing the program long term . I knew this theory from reading tms but as this was the first time I am dedicated and consistent it gave me a kick in the behind. Like you I was shocked when a week later it was gone!!! degeneration in the neck and facet issues as I have been told of that area doesn't as you say just go!!. Another funny thing happened It has changed location of main pain in my back sometimes daily and my IBS also made a dramatic appearance. Now I just say yep I am winning and this is proof of it. Well done and good luck.

3. Alibumbayay

Alibumbayay New Member

This is really encouraging for me to hear. I'm on day 1 and my sciatica pain is at its worst. I don't understand why it comes and goes and hope this program helps me "zero in" on what triggers the pain.