1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Major Improvement!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by CookStar, Feb 10, 2016.

1. CookStar

CookStar New Member

wow!!!!!
    Yesterday, on Day 13 of the program and I was able to drive 8 hours with no symptoms.
    A bit of pain at night, but nothing to it!
    For a bit of perspective:
    Three weeks ago I couldn't even drive for five minutes across town to a chiropractor, without an elaborate effort of slowly crumpling into the car and favouring my left side where I had lower lumbar and sciatic pain. Couldn't even lift my leg into the car without grabbing it with my hands.
    Yesterday was able to drive eight hours and through some intense and stressful snow flurries. The last week I have noticed major inconsistencies with the symptoms. Moves from my leg to my wrist, even my ear. Now I've gone two straight days without even laying on the floor. In the past I had been programmed to lay on the floor nearly every hour. I can now also bend my trunk forward to wash my hands.
    Keep it up everyone! I'm a true believer of this program.

giantsfan and Simplicity like this.
  2. CookStar

CookStar New Member

I'd just like to add that the most helpful things for me have been the journaling, removing all doubt and fear, and every time I feel symptoms I listen to Alan's talk with Christy about outcome independence. That chat snippet can literally make my symptoms disappear within a minute or two.

giantsfan likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Cookstar,
    Thank you for the wonderful update. I am so happy for you. It feels like a miracle when it happens, doesn't it? Also, it is neat to see what the specifics that you find helpful are. Happy! Happy!
    Andy B

4. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

Good for you CookStar! I am seeing major improvement too. I hope you get better and better until you are an official success story on here!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Cookstar. I am so happy about your progress. A long drive like that with no pain means you are doing great in the SEprogram and TMS healing.
    Mellie, I'm glad you're seeing major improvement, too.

I'd like to share a great quote on living in the present. It comes from former tennis champion Billie Jean King:

"Each point I play is in the now moment. The last point means nothing, the next point means nothing."

6. Moppy

Moppy Peer Supporter

Good on you, Cookstar! That's fabulous you were able to drive so far so long without pain! Isn't wonderful when this sort of success happens and we begin to truely realise how much power we have over our own health? Its awesome! All the best as you travel this journey.....

7. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Woohoo! Congrats Cookstar, on such rapid progress! Sounds like you already have some great tools in your arsenal for dealing with TMS pain. As you continue with the SEP, you'll no doubt discover several more!
    Blessings.