1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Made a schedule, followed it and then...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mark1122, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Mark1122

Mark1122 Well known member

Well 4 physio's and 2 chiropractors and 2 doctors havent found anything wrong with my body. I was still in doubt since i didnt have an MRI or EMG. But i contacted dr Schubiner and he told me i could rest assured that i dont need MRI or EMG when they dont find anything.

So i made a schedule with meditation etc and resumed to work behind pc and i wasnt even anxious and then booom my heart started to like flutter for 10 seconds i paniced thought i need to get out the door so some one can see me when i blackout (like heart attack ish thing). so i stood up and walked to the door it went black before my eyes i got a fainting feeling a light feeling, my heart also still fluttered and then it got all normal again, i saw again i wasnt dizzy and heart was normal again.. But this got me in full anxiety mode again, im anxious full power again when i had it a lot less lately. I am scared to go behind the pc because i dont want this to happen again. It wasnt a normal palpilation, like a bouncing feeling in throat and chest or a skip a beat feeling. It was a sortof electrical feeling and a fluttering feeling.

Any way i am very depressed and anxious now. I went to the cinema etc without fear the last 2 months and now i went and was in full panic attack mode and had a normal palpilation " the skip a beat one" because i feel a it traumatized by this fluttering and almost fainting experience a few days ago.... i cant catch a break

I did have an echo and heart tests 7 years ago but since then i had an alcohol + sleeping pills at the same time addiction for a couple of years so i think maybe my heart got fucked up because of it. I am clean 1,5 years though at the moment. I also drank coffee 4 hours before the incident, but still..

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Mark1122,

If you're having new symptoms, it is important to be checked out by a physician. I say this for two reasons.

One is that you want to make sure you're getting the right treatment.

Two is that if you're following a TMS approach, getting a physician update will help you reduce your fears/reinforce your TMS path ---if you're given the "all-clear."

I am sorry for your anxiety, which I get can be overwhelming. Good journey!

Andy

3. Mark1122

Thanks! i am just wondering, this felt like there was something wrong for real with my heart, never had a flutter feeling for so long and i felt bad. Can i just rest assured when the doctor tells me its fine, what if hes wrong...

The annoying thing is that i doubt doctors too much. Same with the diagnosis of my trapezius and arm. 4 physios checked it out and told me they cant find anything and an MRI wont show me anything. I am still thinking for a small part what is they are wrong? I annoy myself so much with this

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Mark1122,

You have what many here know well: "medical anxiety" caused by symptoms and a tendency to worry and not trust.

One of the best ways to work with this is developing a mindfulness practice. Learn to watch your thoughts, feel your emotions in your body, but not be dragged into always "believing everything you think."

This kind of skill is very important in TMS work, because one of the main treatments for TMS is to "not care" about symptoms. Take away their power to distract or scare you, and they will tend to subside. You can start with whatever is scaring you or taking a lot of anxiety attention in your life, be it with other medical issues which don't have a psychogenic cause, or other personal worries. So you can start practicing right now!

Simple breathing practices are a support for this.

Andy

5. Mark1122

Well i started seeing a TMS therapist in Netherlands. I believe i have no structural damage in trapezius, arms. But my heart worries me, it got worse and worse. It skips a few beats a day it feels horrible and my pannic attacks are back full again.. But it also get paliplations (skip beats or flutters) when im chilled then after i get scared and panicy... I feel so depressed and think my heart might be bad cause of 7 years of anxiety and drinking etc... maybe my fears 7 years ago of having a heart attack or a bad heart came true like a self fulfilling prophecy... Internet states you can develop heart conditions cause of chronic anxiety for too long... and i had an alcohol addiction for 6years... maybe i ruined it by that. I feel like my life is sortof over... Whenever i get positive again after a heart palpilations i get scared and depressed and anxious a lot again... Meanwhile my pain in my body is real bad. But i dont even care about that now.

IT feels like Atrial fibrillation or something.. i hate life so much right now haha...