1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Life-changing three months

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by JonathanD, Aug 26, 2016.

1. JonathanD

JonathanD Newcomer

I was severely limited by chronic pain for about the last five to six years of my life. It started with arm pain when playing guitar. Finger style guitar was my all-consuming passion, and I had every intention of having a successful career as a musician. Those plans changed when pain in my left hand - which had been growing in intensity for years - developed to the point where I was no longer physically able to play the guitar at all. This was believed to be repetitive strain injury. I tried a huge variety of therapies, both mainstream and non-mainstream, without any success at all.

The following years brought the onset of chronic knee pain. Between my knee pain and my hand pain (which was agitated by seemingly any upper-body work), I grew to fear most physical activity. I’m typically a very physically active person, so this was quite frustrating for me.

Later on, I began experiencing many nasty symptoms when using electronics. The symptoms included nausea, headaches, blurry vision, tinnitis (ringing ears), severe fatigue, burning skin, major brain fog and a feeling of disorientation. These are typical symptoms of what is known as EMF sensitivity, or electrohypersensitivity. Obviously this was an incredibly frustrating problem to have for someone living in modern society. No one had any answers about what causes this condition or how to heal it, and it is nearly impossible to avoid electronics in this age of technology dependence. I was afraid there was a very real possibility of me having to permanently move away to an underdeveloped country in order to avoid this nearly omnipresent pain and discomfort.

Fortunately, a family friend introduced me to the work of John Sarno, and I started reading his books. I saw myself on every page. Shortly after that I starting working with Daniel Lyman from the Pain Psychology Center. Between my own private work and study and my weekly appointments with Daniel, I have been able to heal to the point where pain no longer affects me in any significant way. At the time of this writing I am about 75-80% healed, and getting better all the time. I can play guitar as much as I want to, I’m as physically active as I want to be, and I can use computers and other electronics as much as I want to, free from any significant discomfort.

For the first time in many years, I am free. And it feels amazing.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Great story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. It will be an inspiration to so many people.

3. Ines

Ines Well known member

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

4. lavendertealatte

lavendertealatte Peer Supporter

Thanks for sharing!

5. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

Can you explain some things you did to get to that point? What would you recommend for people who are still struggling to find a way out.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  6. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

Great!!! Could you explain things you did to resolve it?