1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Let's try this then!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by programmerorange, Jun 11, 2014.

1. programmerorange

programmerorange Newcomer

Never tried anything like this before, but a little forum journaling might be interesting!

I've had problems with my forearms, wrists, hands and fingers for two years now. Typical RSI according to doctors, no real problems structurally, just overworked from using computers too much. The pain has been moving around in these years. It disappears sometimes, then moves to other parts of arms.

I'm a student reading for a Master in Computer Science, and I'm doing my master thesis right now. The pain started two years ago while doing a large project, and has not really stopped since then, just moved around.

TMS seems to be a little magic and unconventional, so I have my doubts. But I'll give it a shot and see where it goes! Largest worry I have right now is if this doesn't work. Not sure how I can work as a programmer with RSI this early on in life.

2. Marian

Marian Peer Supporter

If it is any help to you, programmerorange, I am having real success with my RSI using this program. I am at a computer up to 8 hours a day, and am now working pretty much pain-free unless I feel particularly stressed. I have other symptoms of TMS as well, but this one is particularly susceptible to this approach. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!! Check out the RSI success stories on the wiki for more inspiration.

3. programmerorange

programmerorange Newcomer

Thanks for the response, that's really motivating to hear. I will give it a good shot, and check out some more RSI success stories!