1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Let the healing begin

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ponderosa, Mar 1, 2021.

1. ponderosa

ponderosa New Member

I have hope after reading so many incredible success stories. I try not to have too much but also know the degree to which I believe in TMS as being the culprit, the better off I will be.

I had a head injury 4.5 years ago, then multiple more before I had been able to resume life normally. Soon all small bumps would trigger what I thought was another concussion, as they brought on all my old concussion symptoms. Anxiety was constantly high, trying to prevent the inevitable. Central sensitization had occurred, and after many, many small "bumps" I now got 1-2 week migraines just from touching my head or putting on a sweater. Everything I did and still do is as careful as it can be. At this point (2 years ago) I was dealing with daily headaches that prevented me from working, driving, watching TV, reading more than 10ish min, and walking more than 15 or so min.

Then came the last concussion. This one left me bedridden, severe daily migraines for months and so much fatigue I could hardly make it to the dinner table. I ate most meals in bed as with the fatigue also came an immediate need to lie down. It felt as if every time I got up an intense pressuring nausea/vertigo would hit and I'd have to lay back down or risk fainting. I now believe it was POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) as my heart rate was constantly flying.

Headaches are still very severe and keep me in bed most of the day. Too much of anything triggers a 1-2 week migraine (multiple full days in bed). I've gone several months without a let up at the worst. And by too much I mean reading too long, visiting, listening to anything, etc. 10- 15 min is my limit for most things. I have daily headaches, chronic migraines, chronic fatigue, whiplash, and SIBO. But now also HOPE. Thank you for this amazing website and I am so excited for the possibilities this work can bring!

JanAtheCPA and miffybunny like this.
  2. Ran

Ran New Member

Hi! Saw your message! It's been a while since you posted! How are u doing?

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes ponderosa, please check in and let us know what is up. I am sorry no one responded to your original post.

Andy

4. ponderosa

ponderosa New Member

Hi thank you for your messages, I have improved quite a lot since learning about tms by doing lots of reflective journaling and increased activity. I have recently hit a plateau in my journey and realize I need to delve deeper into this work to continue healing. My ultimate goal is to get back to work. I think I will start working through Alan's tms wiki program. Thanks again for checking in!

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi ponderosa,

Great to get your report, and congratulations! I am looking forward to reading more as you go.

Andy

ponderosa likes this.