1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Journal Speak

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

is anybody involved in this experience created by Nicole Sachs I feel she really steps up this process and gives it life ...but I also feel that our pain is mainly created by our interpretation of our present day reality for most of us. When I journal it’s always takes me to what is bothering me or should I say what I am feeling know what’s going on know ..

For me anyway childhood stuff really never comes up yes I had my embarrassments my fights , disappointments and so on but never any real trauma to speak of ...

And regarding personality type I would say mainly I am or was a push over ..

But me real rage and anger comes from the last years of 45-55 where it as been turned upside down. I would like to hear other people’s opinion on this process

2. westb

westb Well known member

I'm about to embark on Nicole's journaling suggestions having almost finished her book - I agree with you that she does take the process up a notch and breathes life into what could otherwise remain theoretical concepts by her commitment and enthusiasm for the process. However I'm nearly 70 and I've been in therapy on and off over the decades and I feel as if I've come to the end of what I can say about my childhood years. Done it all to death.

However, she suggests 3 categories for journaling topics : a) Childhood, b) Daily Life and c) Personality. Daily Life might fit the bill for you for starters and I suspect that I will be focussing on the last two areas. Nicole says somewhere that it doesn't matter too much what you write about as long as you TELL THE TRUTH to yourself, and I think that's a good thing to bear in mind going forward. I know for me that means digging deep because I'm very good at rationalising feelings away and "thinking positive" because of my particular spiritual belief systems. Nothing wrong with positivity when it's appropriate, but not at the expense of stuffing down anger or sadness or grief. So this is where I'm looking to gain insight.

And anyway, who knows where any of the topics might lead?

Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Ellen and cdub like this.