1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

It seems to me...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by sparkle, Jun 9, 2014.

1. sparkle

sparkle New Member

that there are components to treating TMS that can be used effectively with many other conditions.

I've been working my way through a lot of material on this topic and many of the specific interventions are mindfulness based, with a good chunk of CBT-type approaches.

I do have pain that is structural--at least in part. I believe that a portion of it can also be attributed to emotional/cognitive processes. It's a little ambiguous because I still need to address the structural side *and* I'm embarking on including some of of the TMS treatments to see what difference that might make.

I'd be interested in other's thoughts about this.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Sparkle, Dr. Sarno and Steve Ozanich and others stress that we have to believe 100 percent that our pain is TMS and not structural,
    and I healed from back pain only when I did believe totally it was from TMS.

How do you know that part of your pain is structural? Did a doctor say it is, and X-rays or an MRI? Even if so, it still doesn't mean the pain is caused by a structural problem. It may be emotional.

3. sparkle

sparkle New Member

Yes, when it's 100% TMS then it makes sense that one needs to fully accept/believe that to move forward as positively and productively as possible.

I do have medical confirmation that my issues are structural (and after some reading, I personally am adding "at least in part" to my current and best understanding). Particularly as I'm becoming more aware of the influence of emotional, relational, and cognitive influences on my body and its states.

After finding this site and some others, it feels that I'm gaining a more holistic and wholistic perspective. I'm finding some benefit by using various techniques/approaches for the mind-body connection in these resources.

If my hybrid approach is outside the scope of this forum, I'll politely refrain from discussing my situation further. I certainly don't want to upset others, just wanted to say thanks as it's added to my "Toolkit for Life".

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Sparkle, please keep us informed on your progress. Your hybrid approach to healing may help others.