1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 34 Interesting discoveries

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marian, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Marian

Marian Peer Supporter

I said to my husband yesterday, "All these years I thought I was so strong. Turns out I was just really good at repression." We laughed, but it's totally true. What I thought was "coping" was actually suppression.

So now, my pain is better, more or less, comes and goes, and I'm dealing mostly with the day to day need for mindfulness, and to watch where my attention is. The fear/attention cycle is my nemesis right now, which I think is true for many when the pain starts to go away.

We notice that it is going away, attention brings it back, we get scared, the pain increases, and so on.

So I'm doing the last days of the SEP slowly, mostly doing other things, not focusing overly much on TMS, but being mindful, trying to stay active, be grateful, be happy.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is awesome Marian, do exactly as you have been doing and as you plan to do and soon you will have your success story. Just keep reprogramming, your doing great. When do you write a success story from the pain, well... You will know, bless you. Congradulations.

Marian likes this.
  3. Marian

Marian Peer Supporter

Thanks Eric. Every day I learn something new. I am sooooo looking forward to posting my success story. I don't know when it will happen, but I can imagine the feeling. Thanks for all you do. You are an ever present source of love and kindness.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marian. Herbie gave some great healing techniques advice last night in our call-in about our book.
    An audio of it will be posted here in a day or two and I hope you will listen to it.

5. Marian

Marian Peer Supporter

Thanks, Walt... I will do that!